Aged bronze Jr. Gent Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Cast this blank last week and called it aged bronze, could not decide what plating it went with Black Titaium or Titaium Gold SWMBO said the gold so here it is.
Been thinking of selling some Florentine Blanks, LMK if any intrest.

200812615204_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Roy, I think SWMBO made a good call with the Ti Gold. Tell me more about the Florentine blank. Do you call it that because of the marbelized appearance? I'm a little bit (actually, a lot bit) color blind, so can you help me out with the color? I don't know much about casting, but can you put some golden veins in it? I have interest, but I have one of those SWMBO's, too, and I'd have to get some permisssion before I could buy.

It's a pretty sharp specimen. Thanks for sharing.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2

Roy, I think SWMBO made a good call with the Ti Gold. Tell me more about the Florentine blank. Do you call it that because of the marbelized appearance? I'm a little bit (actually, a lot bit) color blind, so can you help me out with the color? I don't know much about casting, but can you put some golden veins in it? I have interest, but I have one of those SWMBO's, too, and I'd have to get some permisssion before I could buy.

Roy,

As always this is excellent workmanship. You are asking for feedback and I have decided to be honest. . pray that doesn't get me in trouble here. I would love to see this on a black or Rhodium. I can't nail it down but there is something about this that seems (to me) to be competing with the gold, perhaps it is the hint of copper in the blank? Also it would be fantastic to see the view of the other side of the pen. I don't know a lot about casting, heck I know nothing about it. But I am surmising that it must be difficult to keep the colors in place all the time so you won't consistently get the "same" blank each time .. just as mother nature doesn't produce the same piece of wood each time. I presume you get close however. I personally like the "hint" of green in the pen .. I wouldn't want that to become over whelming though. Now as to would I buy it.... I buy Molten Metal and have sold Molten Metal. I would see this as something in competition with that. If my customers want it and I can sell it .. I'll buy it!!!

Linda & Mike

airrat

Roy looks good.

I am in agreement with Mike there is something about it I cannot nail down. It might be the deep tones of the color. I guess I just wonder what it would look like with Black Titanium.

I would be interested in the cost of the blanks. Please let me know.

louisbry

Roy you have crafted another beautiful pen. I like the blank and personally think black ti would be a good fit, although I can't fault the ti gold.

rhahnfl

Very nice job Roy. I think SWMBO hit the right hardware given the choices we have. Real brass would look good also and it would develop a patina ...if it were a choice. Copper might also work given the traces of red in the blank.

OKLAHOMAN

Mike and Linda, Always good to hear constructive opinions, the only trouble you get in is when you constanly say NPGJ and give no opinion. I will try in the AM to get a picture if the other side (looks pretty much as this side.) Proud_Poppa, I call these blanks Florentine because I was looking to make some pens with an "Old World Flavor" and came up with these. This is just one color of 6-7 that I've made so far. I wrap the tubes with 22K gold leaf,silver leaf, or copperleaf and then treat them with Baroque gilders paste then cast them in PR. If I decide to sell them I will show pictures of all the colors along with finished pens. They will have to be kit specific as the tubes themselfs are cast.
Carl and Tom I'll let you know when and how much when I find out what the least it will cost to make. At this time its taking me 3 times as long as snake skin blanks.
Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking

Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2

Roy,

As always this is excellent workmanship. You are asking for feedback and I have decided to be honest. . pray that doesn't get me in trouble here. I would love to see this on a black or Rhodium. I can't nail it down but there is something about this that seems (to me) to be competing with the gold, perhaps it is the hint of copper in the blank? Also it would be fantastic to see the view of the other side of the pen. I don't know a lot about casting, heck I know nothing about it. But I am surmising that it must be difficult to keep the colors in place all the time so you won't consistently get the "same" blank each time .. just as mother nature doesn't produce the same piece of wood each time. I presume you get close however. I personally like the "hint" of green in the pen .. I wouldn't want that to become over whelming though. Now as to would I buy it.... I buy Molten Metal and have sold Molten Metal. I would see this as something in competition with that. If my customers want it and I can sell it .. I'll buy it!!!

Linda & Mike

Top Bottom