Agatewood Dymondwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from larryc

larryc

Here are two pens made from the Agatewood Dymondwood.
The first one is using just one blank.
The second one is made by gluing three blanks together and making a diagonal cut across the three blanks and gluing those sections together and then cutting that slab into three blanks. Complete instructions on my website.

Attachments

• Agatewood Straight.jpg
    Agatewood Straight.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 272
  • Agatewood Diagonal.jpg
    Agatewood Diagonal.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 358
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tonylumps

Larry I made a simular jig and used Cousineau laminated Blanks I did not want to try it on the Diamond wood I bought from you in case I blew it.

Attachments

• DSC00272.JPG
    DSC00272.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00273.JPG
    DSC00273.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

larryc

Larry I made a simular jig and used Cousineau laminated Blanks I did not want to try it on the Diamond wood I bought from you in case I blew it.

I bought some of that SpectraPly back when it was on sale but there were not enough of one color to make the diagonal cuts.
Here are three that I made with the Spectraply. Really vivid colors. But I still prefer Dymondwood.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Bumble Bee.jpg
    Bumble Bee.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Gatorwood.jpg
    Gatorwood.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 200
  • Rising Tide.jpg
    Rising Tide.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 200

tonylumps

I bought some of that SpectraPly back when it was on sale but there were not enough of one color to make the diagonal cuts.
Here are three that I made with the Spectraply. Really vivid colors. But I still prefer Dymondwood.:biggrin:
I like the Diamond wood better. I made one pen .Straight grain with Spectraply. My wife said it looked like a Circus pen.I took it apart.I will use what I have left to make Xmas ornaments

Top Bottom