The agate-chalcedony pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Frank Chiu

Frank Chiu

This is my first time to show my handmade fountain pen with my favorite agate-chalcedony :biggrin:

image.jpg

You can see more via my FB
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009351542488&sk=about

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Frank Chiu

Yes, that true chalcedony.
I Made a ultrasonic lathe.
Gem in the middle of the hole to be machined is very difficult, but I was able to overcome.
You can see more picture my FB.

ossaguy

Wow,I've never heard of an ultrasonic lathe.I hope you can tell us more about it.

That's a beautiful pen!

Steve

Frank Chiu

Hi,Steve

The ultrasonic motion form the converter is amplified and transmitted to the rotary spindle. This causes the diamond tool attached to the spindle to vibrate perpendicular to the tool face twenty five thousands of times per second. This rotation, along with the ultrasonic motion, enhances the cutting action of the attached diamond-plated or –sintered tool.

The rotary ultrasonic action causes reduction in friction between the tool and the work-piece which extends diamond tool life and reduces stress caused by conventional diamond tool machining.

On the electrical circuit, the use of European and American electrical circuit high-quality and effectiveness and stability. Automatic frequency feedback and the amplitude of automatic compensation. Do not have to adjust the frequency during processing.

Transducer also overcome the use of high-power ultrasonic vibrations, cause the transducer constantly heat problems.

Applications: It is suitable for precise machining on crystals, any hard and brittle material, specifically drilling, grinding, cutting of glass, semi-conductor, ceramics, gemstone, hard alloys.

Ultrasonic rotary components are available. It may Install it on the CNC, NC, PLC machining.
Ultrasonic output power and amplitude can be designed to meet the user need,
Welcome customized diamond tool.

I have a picture in my FB. Thanks. ;)

magpens

What is your Facebook name , Frank ? . Or maybe you can post here the link to your FB page.

I would like to learn more about your ultrasonic lathe and how you constructed it.

Top Bottom