Afzelia Xylay rollerball for me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

Some time back RonMc posted a pen he had made from some really gorgeous Afzelia Xylay. I asked him where he got it because I wanted to get some. He said he was only able to get 2 pieces and he sent me the other one. It was just barely long enough to make a Junior Statesman rollberball which I wanted for myself anyway and I decided to make one of the new postable ones. The finish is about 10 coats of Unaxol, buffed with steel wool and then buffed with white diamond. THANK YOU RON!!!!

20071027193649_AfzeliaJrStatesman.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Gerry,
I'm glad to see that the blank went to good use! I have sold several pens by pulling mine out of my pocket and catching potential buyers attention.
Enjoy your fantastic pen!

Fred

EXCELLENT! And to think that there are folks that using steel wool on wood is a no-no! I have used it all my life on wood and never have had the slightest bit of trouble as long as I am careful to clean the wood prior to finishing.

I do believe the Afzelia Xylay looks great with the gold CB and the finish is just right for this pen. Ya done good! [:D]

jeffj13

Originally posted by Fred_erick
<br />EXCELLENT! And to think that there are folks that using steel wool on wood is a no-no! I have used it all my life on wood and never have had the slightest bit of trouble as long as I am careful to clean the wood prior to finishing.

[:D]

Grry,

First and foremost, that is a beautiful pen. The wood is gorgeous and the fit and finish are first rate.

Frederick, I am one of those people who see steel wool as a no-no. When using it on a finish (as was done here), there is the possibity of leaving tiny particles of steel wool in the finish, which will eventually rust. With the advent of synthetic steel wool, which works just as well, there is no reason to take the risk with the real stuff.

jeff

txbatons

Wow. What a beautiful pen. If someone doesn't say something about this pen every single time you hand it to them to sign something then they just aren't awake!

As for steel wool...I have some but just haven't the nerve to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom