Afzelia Xylay Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

Here is a Baron I made today from Afzelia Xylay. The CA finish came out pretty nice, but it doesn't show well in my photos. I've been finding some good looking blanks in my shop while on vacation. I have three more I hope to turn tonight if the poison ivy on my stomach lets up a little. [xx(]

tn_pgjl29.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Jim!

That is a nice piece of Afzelia! Beautiful pen! I know what you mean - I've been finding a few nice pieces of wood in my shop lately, as I look for stuff to give as presents.

Merry Christmas! (And yuk on poison ivy!)

Scott.

woodpens

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Excellent Baron. I won't ask how you got poison ivy on your stomach. [:p]
I appreciate all the comments. As for the poison ivy, would you believe bob-sledding in Alabama? [8D]
Actually, I got it from cutting down a cedar and dragging it to the burn pile. I was very careful, but the ivy still made cotact somehow. The swelling is so bad now that I look pregnant!

I have developed an interest in Southeastern Indian bow making. One of the woods of choice back in the good old days was Black Locust. I have searched high an low in the area for trees. I know a number of places where they grow now. And wouldn't you know, the ONE tree that is about 6" in diameter has a clear straight trunk about 6' long, the perfect tree, has a poison ivy vine about as big as my leg growing up the side of it. Big old hairy poison ivy vine. I guess I need one of those hazardous material suits to get it. I am thinking, but I know if I get within 3' of that tree it will eat me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom