After maybe half a year, I finished this one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Firefyter-emt

Firefyter-emt

It's not that it was all that bad, well after I found that my metal lathe knocked down the lapis so nice! I have just been super busy and have not had time to play with the pens. I have a sample of Noodlers Bay State Blue on the way and I thought this would be the perfect pen for it. This material is super hard and tough to work with for sure, but the overall look is worth it...

The photo is fair, but I really need to buy a booth someday!

Blue Lapis on a gold Jr. Statesman FP kit.
89081.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

It's not that it was all that bad, well after I found that my metal lathe knocked down the lapis so nice! I have just been super busy and have not had time to play with the pens. I have a sample of Noodlers Bay State Blue on the way and I thought this would be the perfect pen for it. This material is super hard and tough to work with for sure, but the overall look is worth it...

The photo is fair, but I really need to buy a booth someday!

Blue Lapis on a gold Jr. Statesman FP kit.
89081.jpg

You been saying that for a long time Lee. Gonna have to hold you to it some day.

Nice job on the Statesman. Great color combo for the plating. Stellar!

PaulDoug

wow! I mean WOW!! That is pretty. Is that the real stone with the gold running through it or is that a man-made blank?

Yes, more pictures please!

Firefyter-emt

Well, my wife just left with my camera so the best I can do is to scan it on my printer. (PS, my wife did not "leave", she went somewhere with the kids) ;-)

The blank is the blue lapis tru-stone from CSUSA and is super hard. I had to sharpen a HSS shew after every four passes or so. I then placed it on my metal lathe and knocked it down within the last .020" or so to finish by hand.

This is a little better of a photo. However, the pen is blue... very intense of a blue!

810081.jpg

I will try to get a better photo, but with my set up the plated metal does not play well!

Top Bottom