African Blackwood-check it out!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

I make a lot of pens with rare burls and fancy mechanisms but this one is my favourite.

I was able to cut, drill and turn this so that I could get a perfect line right down the middle and it came out awesome!! BT Euro.

Finish is CA.

Attachments

• African Blackwood, BT Euro.jpg
    African Blackwood, BT Euro.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 411
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GrantH

Can you explain how the clip works on these? I simply skipped putting it on because I didn't have instructions and plain couldn't figure it out.

Pen looks great too!

GrantH

I honestly didn't even care to look hard enough I guess to look and see if the end was 2 pieces. Looks now like it was. Thanks for the clue.

BSea

That looks like a great segmenting job.:wink: But seriously, the drilling is perfect. I', always reluctant to try that on a one-of-a-kind piece of wood. Good job.

yorkie

Funny, it does look like it's segmented, though. I may have to keep this one for my private collection.

That looks like a great segmenting job.:wink: But seriously, the drilling is perfect. I', always reluctant to try that on a one-of-a-kind piece of wood. Good job.

tjseagrove

I make a lot of pens with rare burls and fancy mechanisms but this one is my favourite.

I was able to cut, drill and turn this so that I could get a perfect line right down the middle and it came out awesome!! BT Euro.

Finish is CA.

I did a cigar like that last year. Take a picture from both sides showing the black then the sapwood. The 3rd picture would be as shown in the thread.

Tom

yorkie

Good idea, Tom. Will do.

Finish is CA.

I did a cigar like that last year. Take a picture from both sides showing the black then the sapwood. The 3rd picture would be as shown in the thread.

Tom

Top Bottom