African Blackwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lucky13

lucky13

Here is an African Blackwood Slimline. The picture doesn't do the wood justice, to really see the grain in the wood and truly how beautiful it turned out it really needs to be seen under the sun. But I like the way the shape came out.

Attachments

• 2013-03-27 13.20.44.jpg
    2013-03-27 13.20.44.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 281
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I agree, the shape is very nice and the pen is very attractive. Keep an eye on the Blackwood as it sometimes develops cracks after it has been turned for a while. Much like Ebony. Just a thought in case you were planning to sell or gift the pen to someone.

Jim Smith

lucky13

I agree, the shape is very nice and the pen is very attractive. Keep an eye on the Blackwood as it sometimes develops cracks after it has been turned for a while. Much like Ebony. Just a thought in case you were planning to sell or gift the pen to someone.

Jim Smith

Was wondering about it developing cracks, will it even though there is a 10 coat ca finish on it?

jttheclockman

Jim Smith

Was wondering about it developing cracks, will it even though there is a 10 coat ca finish on it?

It can. Finish means nothing when it comes to movement of wood. The other factor is it is very thin in spots. You never know though. Hopefully you also sealed the ends of the blank so as to limit moisture from getting to it. Good luck.

Top Bottom