Be Afraid its another Basket Weave Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

Unlike the other Basket Weave Pen with those shocking colors:eek: This one is easy on the eyes!! I like the color combination.

I would like to let everyone know that my husband TURNED the tubes on his lathe (which was supposed to be my birthday present:tongue:)

1_DSC09555_copy.jpg

1_DSC09547_copy.jpg

Crickett

Your work is incredible!! I love both the pen and egg.

I've been watching Youtube videos on cane making and have made a few with limited success but this basket weave has me stumped.

jskeen

Good Girl! You got the distortion thing all straightened out and the design stays nice and linear the full length of the pen. The white highlights look great, and they do really add to the 3d effect.

Great job on getting the blanks to match the kits at the junctions too, Mark did a good job turning too, for a beginner :)

Now, we gotta talk about the colors. :)

Last edited:

phillywood

Toni, I love these. the first one was good to, think the colors weren't contrasting like this one. I think that was the dizzy effect with the other one, because colors were compliments of each other. When I get rolling finally, before I hit the ground I have to try one of your blanks. I think I'll drive someone crazy with them.

Toni

Hi Marla thank you!! To be honest I made this pattern/cane over 6 years ago. I have not made another one since.

I have 4/5 different basket weave patterns. This pattern I only had enough to make this pen. The rest of the cane went on eggs.

I have another set for my husband to turn a pastel combination.

With the next shipment to Exotics there will be Basket Weave tubes.

ToddMR

Toni, I like this one much better. I even like the colors too. I think the entire pen looks really good. Great job!

OKLAHOMAN

Your work is always over the top:good::good::good:.....and I agree completely with James....lets talk about color:wink:

wizard

Toni,
As usual, you never cease to amaze! It is special that you can collaborate with your husband and enjoy pen making together. Great job !!! to both Toni and Mark !!:)

its_virgil

Another stunning piece of PC/penturning combo :wink::wink: Both the pen and the egg looks great. Whatever color you choose is overpowered by your incredible PC talent.:biggrin:
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Penl8the

Unlike the other Basket Weave Pen with those shocking colors:eek: This one is easy on the eyes!! I like the color combination.

I would like to let everyone know that my husband TURNED the tubes on his lathe (which was supposed to be my birthday present:tongue:)

Mike did you mention Easter Egg???:eek:

Hi Toni,

Happy Birthday (or might be a belated one).

Both the pen and Easter Egg are awesome.

Tanner

Another really cool looking pattern. The pastel colors are great. my wife and daughters love it. Now I just have to get lucky enough to to be on Exotics at the right time to get a blank. I think I check the site five times a day so I don't miss anything.

Toni

thank you Everyone for your complements!! I happen to like the color combination on this basket weave.

Here is another color combo, but its on an egg. I have the blanks waiting to be turned by my husband. If you complain about this color combo go get a catscan:tongue:
2591363458_a9b89931a1_o.jpg

toddlajoie

Just like the other one Toni. I think your basketweave pattern is absolutely fantastic.. I'm squireling away my pennies... one of these days....

thewishman

Real beauties! Love the pen! The eggs are great. Love the colors on all of them (I even liked the other basket weave colors.)

Your ExclusiveDesigns site is very nice. Glad to see your prices are appropriate to your talent. The dove pens are awesome!:)

Glad I got a pen and keyring from your etsy site before you were "discovered." My wife loves her pen and everyone she shows it to is amazed and can't figure out how it was made. When we were looking at your site, she highly complimented your eye for color and your artistry - two distinct talents.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice pen! I really am fascinated with your basket weave design.

Tell hubby "good job turning."

Freethinker

Beautiful pen.

I watched some YouTube videos of people making canes....everything they made looked distinctly two dimensional

It seems to me that a person would have to have a VERY high level of skill to make the clay come out looking 3-D the way the pen in the photo does. It's just amazing to me that you can make the clay look that way.

You are not simply a craftsman.............you are an artist.

Top Bottom