Afghan Pine Cone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Wrapped around a Rose Gold/Black Titanium Aero and a Titanium Gold/Black Titanium Elegant Beauty.
Turned, applied lots of Thin CA, sanded to 400x, buffed with super fine steel wool and polished with Huts Ultra Gloss.

Les

imtsmh.jpg

2l8f6ab.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Common name:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Afghan or Afghanistan pine, Desert pine, Elder pine, Mondale pine[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Latin Name:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Pinus Eldarica[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Design Tip:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] When planted in multiples, the dense habit can create a forest effect or barrier such as an attractive privacy screen, a western sun block, or tall a windbreak. A single tree in an open lawn provides area a large-scale specimen on spacious grounds.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Form:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] This symmetrical cone-shaped evergreen has a dense growth habit with short branches on the lower trunk that widen at the middle and narrow again towards the top.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Size:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Depending on water availability, a healthy tree will maintain a rapid growth rate of three to six feet per year, maturing at 30 to 40 feet tall and 15 to 25 feet wide.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Foliage:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] The six-inch long, shiny green needles emit a crisp pine fragrance.[/SIZE][/FONT]

phillywood

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Common name:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Afghan or Afghanistan pine, Desert pine, Elder pine, Mondale pine[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Latin Name:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Pinus Eldarica[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Design Tip:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] When planted in multiples, the dense habit can create a forest effect or barrier such as an attractive privacy screen, a western sun block, or tall a windbreak. A single tree in an open lawn provides area a large-scale specimen on spacious grounds.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Form:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] This symmetrical cone-shaped evergreen has a dense growth habit with short branches on the lower trunk that widen at the middle and narrow again towards the top.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Size:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Depending on water availability, a healthy tree will maintain a rapid growth rate of three to six feet per year, maturing at 30 to 40 feet tall and 15 to 25 feet wide.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Foliage:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] The six-inch long, shiny green needles emit a crisp pine fragrance.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Hey Glenn you explanation makes sense, but for a newbie and oine cone? I have to check my dictionary for that. although i am thanksful for your help, you saved my face.:eek::wink::cool:
Glenn, the other thing is that we are Cactus and mesquite folks, and we chew on Jalapeno down here in TX. heheheh

Last edited:

snyiper

LOL a little to hot for my taste I am afraid!!! As far as the cone goes no reference to a oine cone but there other non related references. I had no luck with locating the Afgan Oine Cone, May have been a typo and was referencing a Afgan Pine cone.....LOL

MartinPens

Wow. Very impressive. I can never get those seeds to stay in - I end up filling them. And - wow - I want to hear about your photo set up! PM me if you are willing - and tell me how you are photographing these. Great job!!

Top Bottom