Aero's with aluminum using Skiprat like nuts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NittanyLion

NittanyLion

I used a version of Skiprat's nuts(thanks Skiprat for the tutorial) made from PVC fittings to inlay this aluminum....my kerf is a little wider than th material, I need a new blade. This method is really easy and provides accurate results....give it a try if you haven't.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 524
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am sorry if you want us to enjoy your fruits of your labor you need to provide us with some better photos. Not a slam just a critique. Can not make out what you did to the pen that require any of Skips devices. Thanks

NittanyLion

I am sorry if you want us to enjoy your fruits of your labor you need to provide us with some better photos. Not a slam just a critique. Can not make out what you did to the pen that require any of Skips devices. Thanks

John,
I don't disagree, however this site will not allow me to post more than one picture from my IPAD. I don't know if it's an Apple thing or an IAP thing. I've heard this from others as well. Really, it's not worth me getting my laptop out, as I only wanted to share a pic. I'm not sure who can answer the problem about posting pics, but it would be nice to post multiples........Any ideas?

jttheclockman

John,
I don't disagree, however this site will not allow me to post more than one picture from my IPAD. I don't know if it's an Apple thing or an IAP thing. I've heard this from others as well. Really, it's not worth me getting my laptop out, as I only wanted to share a pic. I'm not sure who can answer the problem about posting pics, but it would be nice to post multiples........Any ideas?

I do not know anything about Ipads or any of that stuff. Just the angle of your photo would have been an improvement. Loking down on top of a pen shows nothing. Take the photo from the front and face whatever it is you want us to see. I am thinking there maybe some kind of segmenting there but just not sure. If it is not worth the extra effort to show us some good photos then is is not worth our effort to comment. Just the way it is.

NittanyLion

John,

Let's make a deal......

I agree, you're a great pen maker and I can learn a lot from you....I'll take any advice you can provide. But......I'm a little better at deciding not to be so dang negative all the time. Their is a successful way to help others through kind suggestion....their is also the option to not comment at all. Some of this negativity from folks drives people away from this site(I've seen this discussed on other sites, and I concur)

I'll help you if you help me! What do you think?

Tom T

I like the pens, but I do not see nuts. Segmenting looks good also.
I have tried my iPad but can not get the odor correct. I think it's the fluorescent lights, throws off the color.
The burlap looks nice for the back ground.

jttheclockman

John,

Let's make a deal......

I agree, you're a great pen maker and I can learn a lot from you....I'll take any advice you can provide. But......I'm a little better at deciding not to be so dang negative all the time. Their is a successful way to help others through kind suggestion....their is also the option to not comment at all. Some of this negativity from folks drives people away from this site(I've seen this discussed on other sites, and I concur)

Steve

I tried to help you. I am sorry if you take my comments as negative. But I was taken aback when you said " Really, it's not worth me getting my laptop out, as I only wanted to share a pic." To me that was pretty negative.

This is one of the reasons I do not comment on people's pens much. The thing that brought me to yours was the use of segmenting. That is my thing and I appreciate people who do this kind of work. Now I can not help you with the Ipad thing as I said but I did make a suggestion how to shoot the pen to get a better look at it. Fine if you want a hundred "Nice pen" comments then so be it. Have a nice day and Nice pen. :)

NittanyLion

I like the pens, but I do not see nuts. Segmenting looks good also.
I have tried my iPad but can not get the odor correct. I think it's the fluorescent lights, throws off the color.
The burlap looks nice for the back ground.

Here's one I have glued up....Turned round, PVC nuts, 2 dabs of CA, square it up and start cutting. I drill after it's trimmed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 118

Tom T

Thank you Sir. Now I get it. I am a long way from segmenting. But I enjoy when people post them and explain how they got it to happen. Gives me thoughts for the future.

NittanyLion

John,

Let's make a deal......

Steve

I tried to help you. I am sorry if you take my comments as negative. But I was taken aback when you said " Really, it's not worth me getting my laptop out, as I only wanted to share a pic." To me that was pretty negative.

This is one of the reasons I do not comment on people's pens much. The thing that brought me to yours was the use of segmenting. That is my thing and I appreciate people who do this kind of work. Now I can not help you with the Ipad thing as I said but I did make a suggestion how to shoot the pen to get a better look at it. Fine if you want a hundred "Nice pen" comments then so be it. Have a nice day and Nice pen. :)

John,

No worries....I'm just trying to make you a little more happier! Maybe I did that; I got a smiley out of you. This life we live is too short to not try and spread some joy around......same reason I don't get out my laptop and spend more time taking better pictures. I could, but that's just more time away from my two young daughters. I already have the pen turning sickness that does just that:)......

No harm.....I'm sure you feel the same, it's probably just a perception thing on my part......again, I love your work....and have a great evening!

Top Bottom