Aero Nav Map blank from Marko50

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MyKidsDad

MyKidsDad

My BIL's birthday is approaching and I came across Marko50's Aero Nav Map blanks on Etsy. My BIL is a pilot and the company he flies for goes in and out of an airport near Waco TX. Mark didn't have a Waco nav map but agreed to custom make a blank for me if I sent him the map. He asked me to post a pic of the completed pen when I got it done so here it is. Thanks for making the blank and for throwing in the "customer appreciation blank". My wife (it's her brother) is thrilled with the pen and is sure he will be too.

Sorry for the poor picture. I was in a hurry, had a hard time keeping the camera still but didn't bother taking the time to break out the tripod.

Attachments

• IMG_6280a.jpg
    IMG_6280a.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 218

Marko50

Excellent!

Great job Eric! Hopefully it turned effortlessly. The section of map you sent was in great shape. I'm curious though, did you end up finishing it with a wet sanding and Micro-Mesh™ or something else? Excellent fit and finish:)

MyKidsDad

It did turn effortlessly. I did not use MicroMesh however as I don't have any and didn't want to wait. I sanded from 800 up to 3000 and then used a plastic polish. It is more shiny in person than what it appears in the photo...the photo is slightly out of focus. I will be turning the extra blank you sent over the next few days as a gift for my wife.

Top Bottom