Advertising Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ilikewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikewood

This pen was given to me by an Israeli company visiting this week. It is aluminum and is super smooth. One end has a USB memory stick in it. I think this would be very fun to make in wood with a Gents size top for the USB end. I am going to try and figure a way to do this myself.

200551943838_P1010047.jpg

20055194390_P1010048.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

It looks like a standard USB mem stick removed out of its case. It is just epoxied on the plug end and just sits in the tube. The tube is smaller than a gents, so I bet it would work.

JimGo

From what I understand, there are actually only a handful of memory manufacturers, at least those that make these types of devices. I wonder if we could get enough interest to do a bulk buy on these (most suppliers have minimum orders).

btboone

Bev, it's like a USA stick, but more advanced. [:D]J/K It's a solid state memory, so works like a hard drive, but just plugs into a special slot (a USB port) on a computer. You can use it to move files between computers, and it holds a lot more memory than a floppy disc has.

rtgleck

Yea, with USB technology getting cheaper all the time, (and With Ebay) you should be able to incoporate this into a kit fairly easily. And with the premium people are paying for this... Next thing you gotta figure out is how to get and IPOD in a Wood Pen.. Now there you have an idea for Millions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom