Adapted Roman Harvest - Star Wars?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

I think the cap reminds me of a Star Wars character.... the bounty hunter robot guy.

Anyhow - I should have left well enough alone on this one - but I had to keep messing with it. I need to learn to try wild-hair ideas on pieces of wood that aren't spectacular. I was trying to go for a kind of Prince's crown type look of some sort. It turned out kind of weird and doesn't really work all that well for me. Oh well.

Masur Birch. Roman Harvest parts. It's actually a double closed-end pen, but I put the silver ring up by the hidden clip - then realized it looked just like I lopped the top off and stuck a clip on. Live and learn.

Martin

Attachments

• MasurBirch2-2601.jpg
    MasurBirch2-2601.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 357
  • MasurBirch2-2602.jpg
    MasurBirch2-2602.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 262
  • MasurBirch2-2605.jpg
    MasurBirch2-2605.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 228
  • MasurBirch2-2608.jpg
    MasurBirch2-2608.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 219
  • MasurBirch2-2606.jpg
    MasurBirch2-2606.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Oh, I see the character. It's Obe -Wood-Kenobe.:biggrin:

But seriously, that is a nice pen. I have some masur birch that needs to be turned. Nothing like seeing someone else's work to get inspired.

wizard

Martin, I love the look of this pen! Very creative! By the way...LOL...do you have a Masur birch tree in your backyard. The wood is beautiful! Regards, Doc:)

ghostrider

Last edited:
My nerd radar went off when I logged in and now I know why. :biggrin: Just wondering how many of you live in your parents basement? :eek: The clip looks really good with that wood. you're right the ring on the back doesn't quite.... It does look like the bounty hunters helmet. Cool pen.

broitblat

I'm sorry it doesn't work well for you, 'cuz it sure works for me. I think it looks great. Perhaps a little unusual, but that's what we're here for.

-Barry

ghostrider

My nerd radar went off when I logged in and now I know why. :biggrin: Just wondering how many of you live in your parents basement? :eek: The clip looks really good with that wood. you're right the ring on the back doesn't quite.... It does look like the bounty hunters helmet. Cool pen.

"You don't need to see their papers. These aren't the droids your looking for...."

BOT:

The more I look at it, I do start to see a slight resemblance.

Top Bottom