An Act of Kindness

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Several weeks ago I had to sell off much of my private stash of pen making goodies to help with some bills. Well, one kind soul did something totally unexpected. One of the items sold was a watch parts blank I had made for me by Gary Nichols (Capt G). I sold it paired with a special "Gold" Marksman Eagle Rollerball. Imagine my shock when I received this in the mail a week or so later...

DSC04512 (547x700).jpg DSC04514 (572x700).jpg DSC04516 (560x700).jpg DSC04515 (537x700).jpg

The craftsmanship is flawless. It has a perfect finish and the fit couldn't be done any better.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

What a great act of kindness! That could not have been easy to let go, but it''s obvious someone knew you deserved it back. Your a good man, and you're alway there helping others out and being generous. You and this unknown person, and acts like this, are why I am so proud to be a part of the IAP.

Brooks803

Thank you all. The kindness shown here and in many other examples I've seen makes me so happy & proud to be a part of the community here on IAP.

Jonathon,

You have helped so many of us with this craft, I'm very happy someone returned the favor to you. You are a wonderful example of someone who will go out of their way to support others. I'm up in Lexington if you need anything. PM me if I can help in any way.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I think we've got the majority of the issue behind us now. However, you're always more than welcome to stop by if you're ever in the area!

That looks amazing. You may add it to the list of pens I will continually attempt to acquire without your knowledge.

Duly Noted...I'll put this in the same case with all the others on your list :wink:.

seamus7227

Very very cool! plus, the pen kit looks awesome like that! Love the gold, was this a trial plating?

update: nevermind, i did a search on the forum and found the post about it.

Last edited:

Marko50

Karma, Jonathon! Good ALWAYS comes back to the one who gives unselfishly. Looks like you get to be the one on the receiving end this time. Awesome!

This forum and the people on it are what's right with this world today! Kinda restores your faith in mankind, in a way! :)

bobleibo

The person who sent that pen back to you is without a doubt a very special person. Along that same line, you had to have done something that helped inspire them to do so.
KARMA is a two way street!

elkhorn

Jonathon, without trying to repeat all that has already been said on this thread, you have helped others, now someone is doing something special for you. A true act of kindness by a special person for a special person.

And yes, that is what makes IAP what it is - good people with a common interest helping each other and others.

Top Bottom