Acrylic and Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fireengines

Fireengines

I've started experimenting with using mixing acrylic with wood blanks. This is my first attempt featuring a Jr. Retro pen using a "Original Cactus Blank" with Bloodwood.

Attachments

• CACTUS-BLOODWOOD.jpg
    CACTUS-BLOODWOOD.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

While you did a beautiful job on the fit and finish, I am not a big fan of different mediums for the two parts of a pen. It sort of feels like someone wearing two different shoes. Just my opinion.

Jim Smith

Hendu3270

While you did a beautiful job on the fit and finish, I am not a big fan of different mediums for the two parts of a pen. It sort of feels like someone wearing two different shoes. Just my opinion.

Jim Smith

I'm in the same boat. Work looks really nice but it doesn't stand as much. I think it would look cool if a band were turned from the bloodwood and used instead of the band that came with kit. Just a thought.

plantman

Jim Smith

I'm in the same boat. Work looks really nice but it doesn't stand as much. I think it would look cool if a band were turned from the bloodwood and used instead of the band that came with kit. Just a thought.

Not a bad looking pen !! I also don't like to mix blanks. The Agate is beautiful, but takes the eye away from your work. Just my view. Jim S

gallianp

"I've started experimenting with using mixing acrylic with wood blanks." my mind went the wrong direction -- I thought that the blank would be wood with acrylic poured into the wood - to fill voids.. I line the pen...

1stRaymond

When I saw your title - I thought you were segmenting them together which would have been interesting = still might be. I like your craftsmanship but I don't like the two different mediums being separated like they are.

Top Bottom