Acrylic Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kiddo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddo

One more for showing off...

200737222919_IMG_0296.jpg

I need to stop experimenting and get to work. I have a pile of pens to do up and the learning curve has put me a bit (OK, a lot) behind.

It's hard to believe, but I actually get paid for this kind of stuff. Whoot!!!

http://www.waldenwoodworks.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kiddo

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Very pretty! One of yours?

No, It's Lyles work. I'm just doing the pics right now. The only time I ever did acrylics was when I had my metal working lathe. Did a few where the only piece I used from the kit was the nib and pocket clip, but I wasn't really happy with them. I had probs with the threads in the cap stripping out and other nasties that made them unusable.

If you look for the post called "Spalted Maple", that's one of mine. I have some of my work here with Desert Ironwood I might get around to shooting soon and posting.

Kiddo

lwalden

Believe it or not, my son Nick (age 10 today!) turned this beauty.
(Posted by Lyle's wife while he is on the fourth grade overnight field trip to San Antonio and Austin!)

kiddo

Originally posted by johncrane
<br />looks great' Kiddo the blank has been a good seller for me.also your down load size to the site is very large what size is it[?]

Size in pixels? ummm... about 1000x650 roughly as posted.

In kilobytes I think it was 60 or 70-some k after shrinking to its posted size and compressing.

The original is about 4000x3000 pixels and some megabytes.

I read somewhere the max size you can upload here is 100k. I don't often go over 70k. I tend to post on the large side because that's what I like to see. (my eyes aren't what they used to be.)

If I eliminated the shadow I could probably get the whole thing under 40k without much loss of detail or size.

alxe24

I can't tell what lerning curve you are talking about since avery pen and pic I see from you are nothig but perfect. Congrats to whomever made the pen and congrats on the pic
Alex

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Happy birthday Nick, that is a wicked pen you made. Now kick your Dad out of his shop and make some more[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom