Acrylic life size apple cast and turned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinterinfinger

Hi I thought I would be a bit adventurous and cast a block of the acrylic to turn a life size apple, I have turned may fruits in various woods from around the world but I have not turned one out of acrylic and let me tell you this was a challenge, I'm happy with the end result but would like to know your thoughts?, Oh I thought I better put a pen on this post as you guys don't have a topic on apples lol.

be honest and tell me your thoughts guys.

Regards Mervyn

www.ukpenkits.com

Attachments

• applepen3.jpg
    applepen3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 338
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Amazing work. The turning would be challenge enough. The finishing confirms you are OCD!!! Good thing you found an outlet for your disorder. How long did that take you? It's really incredibly beautiful.

Dale

yes it should sry mate, turning this apple was a whole new ball game from turning wood, It took me about an 1 hour 30 from start to finish including the stalk 240 grit right through to 15000 micro mesh and polished with 4 coats of hut polish.

Thanks for your kind remarks.

Mervyn

workinforwood

It's very cool indeed. Took me a moment to figure out what was happening because originally I thought you cast an apple, but you can't cast an apple wet and the apple shrivels to nothingness when dried, then figured it out. Looks like the pen does not go inside the apple? If not, it should!

Top Bottom