Acrylic Group Buy Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

200831481956_acrylic%20group%20buy%20pens.jpg

Finally had time to turn a couple acrylic blanks from the group buy I just received earlier this week. I dont think a day goes by that I dont catch my wife and kids picking out "their" blanks. I hope these hold them over for a bit. Thanks again Steve "follow3" for all of your work and time on the group buy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I have a soft spot for the polaris so have to go with that one as my favorite. when my box arrived I layed all the blanks out in front of my wife and told her to pick out her favorite. she scooted 6 or 8 aside then pointed at the big pile. "Those" she said. at least she never says I spend to much time making pens.

JohnU

Originally posted by Sfolivier

Nice work. Did you use standard tubes for the right one? How much do they show through the clearest parts of the blanks.
The kit comes with the 3/8" tube that I used. I painted the inside of the hole white before I glued in the brass tube so you cant see any of it. For once it turned out. Last time I painted the tube and the epoxy didnt hold and pulled out the tube the next day when using the barrel trimmer, so this time I painted the hole. Thanks all!

Tanner

Nice job John! The fit and finish look great! Great job on painting the hole! I paint all holes and tubes on acylics. Sometimes you get close to the finished size and you never know what may or may not be visable.

Top Bottom