Acrylic Euro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from armyturner

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyturner

I really dislike making this style of pen, but I am sure that if I ever start selling any that there is a market for it. I guess I just need more practice on the centerbands. Cutting the tennon is the part that I dislike.

20073752418_euro%20brown%20acrylic.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

Jeremy l ground a tool too do the centerbands not sure if you can buy one anyway the pen turned out really good l think the brown blank is as good as the black slimlines you done. [:D]

stevers

The CB gets easier, but you still have to be careful. I have over turned a few in my day. I use calipers when I get close. And you get close real quick with a sharp parting tool. Good luck and keep up the nice work.

Tanner

Nice looking pen Jeremy! I'm with you on that kit.[:I] I get nevous when it comes down to making that tenon. I keep thinking don't blow it, you just worked so hard getting this far, do this right.

John, what kind of tool did you grind for doing this? Exactly the width that is needed for the tenon?

armyturner

Tom, I am unsure of the actual name of the blank. They came in a 6 pack from Woodcraft containing 2 black, 2 brown, and 2 green. I caught then at 50% off or I probably would not have bought them.....glad I did now. They are 5/8" so they are too small for much other that slimlimes and euros. There is something different about them from the other acrylic that I have turned. They drill easy but are tough to turn and give off an odor that is hard on the eyes, expecially the black ones.

guts

Jeremy,the tenon is not all that tough,all i do is after getting the size right is make a mark at 3/16" with lathe off then put my pencil on the mark and turn the lathe on,makes a nice even mark all the way around the blank,then turn the tenon down to the bushing with a parting tool,if the cb is a little loose a drop of ca will take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom