Acrylic Cigar For Neighbor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

I made a pen for my new neighbor who is a Buffalo Police Dept. officer. I chose a blank with colors similar to the Dept's colors... blue and gold. I hope he likes it. I will give it to him in a couple of weeks. I still have to show it off a bit to my friends!

Wet sanded to 1200 grit and then MM-12000 with Novus polish. Blank is on Nickel tubes.

scimg5293.jpg

scimg5296.jpg

scimg5297.jpg

scimg5298.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimMc7

Great looking pen! I, too, would like to know where you found the blank. I have a customer who is a big University of Tulsa fan and the blue & gold on your pen is a much better match for the TU colors than any I've seen.

Bree

Nice work Bree! Is that blank Ancient Mars from EB?

No/ Actually I got this one at Rockler. It is one of their new ones. They have a new line... not those Inlace they used to carry which are terrible... chippy as all get out. The new ones are similar to the one carried by Woodcraft. I just kept looking till I found one that met my color needs.

The blue is a bit darker than the pic because I used a flash whoch causes the acrylic to kinda glow with light.
:wink::wink::wink:

ToddMR

That's one way to get out of a few tickets in the future lol. Kidding. Very nice looking pen. I know the last one I got from Rockler felt almost rubbery. Is that how this one was? I haven't bought any from them in a while. Good colors and nice kit combo too.

Bree

That's one way to get out of a few tickets in the future lol. Kidding. Very nice looking pen. I know the last one I got from Rockler felt almost rubbery. Is that how this one was? I haven't bought any from them in a while. Good colors and nice kit combo too.

No this one was good... not rubbery. Rockler was selling only those Inlace blanks which look nice but suck to turn. They are very chippy and I won't buy anymore. I think they are now bringing in more of the style that Woodcraft sells.. PR I think... anyhoo... I like them a lot better.

Thx for the nice comments!
:):):)

wizard

Beautiful Pen Bree !! Love the shimmering layers when the light hits it. His fellow officers are going to be jealous!

Top Bottom