Acrylic Cigar (and box)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mb007

mb007

After taking off most of this year from pen turning, I had a chance to make a few pens for a charity auction to benefit my church's food pantry. This is the first of five that I made. It's a black chrome cigar from WoodTurningz, with a 'seconds' version of their Tripple Ripple "Genesis" blank that was given to me when I stopped in a few weeks back. The box is made from a spalted maple turning blank I picked up, and the end caps I believe are teak (given to me by my wife's grandfather)

Attachments

• Cigar 1.jpg
    Cigar 1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Cigar 3.jpg
    Cigar 3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Cigar 2.jpg
    Cigar 2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 162
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerH

Beautiful pen and box. Well done.

What does Woodturningz plant/office look like? I love their service and products, and would like to see it for myself, but probably will never get down there.

Roger

mb007

Beautiful pen and box. Well done.

What does Woodturningz plant/office look like? I love their service and products, and would like to see it for myself, but probably will never get down there.

Roger

They're located in the corner of a commercial park. They've got a small counter area when you come in the front door where they have their 'bargain bin' of blanks (both wood and plastics). I've stopped in a couple times, and everyone there has always went out of their way to bring items up to the counter from the warehouse for me to look at. I've gotten to peek in the warehouse - I'd say it's probably ~4000 square feet, and full of all kinds of stuff I wish was in my shop! It's probably dangerous (for my wallet) to know that they're so close to me. :)

Top Bottom