Acrylic Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Well this one is an Acrylic I started working on yesterday. I got the blank from Rockler, but for some reason it felt almost rubbery to me. I had a buddy of mine who has done many more acrylics than me take a look too. He thought it seemed softer when turning than most acrylics. Overall I was happy with being my 1st cigar acrylic. I know there are things to improve on. I know the top is a but odd shaped, but it kind of grows on me. I do like the chrome kit I used on this one. I think it might go in the community yard sale with money made going to charity. The top middle section at first almost seemed to be in too much, but I like it.

Pen18.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Looks great. That's the beauty of creating a pen. You decide what you want the final results to be.. Nicely Done...

My $.02. From the pic it looks like the final size, of the lower body, is a bit shy of the CB lower band and the nib. IMHO, they should be closer. That's just me...

Last edited:

ToddMR

Yeah I did notice that as well. Thanks for being honest with me. It will be the only way I can improve. I thought the top sort of looked like a fishing bobber. lol

Mark

lol. The top is interesting. I cut one almost straight from B2B and thought it looked weird. I matched the bottom up, just to keep the lines moving. One of the ladies at work, loved it. She liked the heft of the pen, but still not overly thick. So, Who knows....

David Keller

Looks like a good first run on the acrylic. The finish looks nice. The shape is interesting... I like them a little thinner but that's just preference.

Top Bottom