Acrylic cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ReverendThom

ReverendThom

Cigars are my favourite so far.

I'm always open to feedback and helpful critique.

ef1a5a1627df968f2c4efeef13183258.jpg
ab1af48c46b9186921b95d11601496e7.jpg
301c245219865e003ff6dec6c707ceba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

OK, you said you are inviting feedback.

I do not like the shape .... quite convex for the top .... slightly concave for the bottom.

Just my opinion, but I think both top and bottom should be slightly convex, the top a little moreso but not as convex as you have. . The cigar pen is quite a tricky one to get the shape right because all 4 bushings are different sizes.

The 2 biggest bushings are in the middle. . What I have started doing with the cigar is to first of all turn both halves "straight" to the size of the bigger bushing. After that I slightly taper to the size of the smaller bushing. . Do this for each half.

If you want, you can "taper up" slightly from the bigger bushing, and then "taper down" to the smaller bushing. . Do this for each half. . but you have to be careful to get the bulge right.

I prefer my first suggestion now, although I used to do it the second way.

ReverendThom

I do not like the shape .... quite convex for the top .... slightly concave for the bottom.

Just my opinion, but I think both top and bottom should be slightly convex, the top a little moreso but not as convex as you have. . The cigar pen is quite a tricky one to get the shape right because all 4 bushings are different sizes.

The 2 biggest bushings are in the middle. . What I have started doing with the cigar is to first of all turn both halves "straight" to the size of the bigger bushing. After that I slightly taper to the size of the smaller bushing. . Do this for each half.

If you want, you can "taper up" slightly from the bigger bushing, and then "taper down" to the smaller bushing. . Do this for each half. . but you have to be careful to get the bulge right.

Cool! I'll try that out. Thanks

ReverendThom

Does this one look a bit better? This was my first cigar.

ZBd4bZ3.jpg

My tool got away from me on the acrylic, and I took a deep gouge out of the top when I was close to finishing.

OZturner

Great Blank and Finish Michael.
I agree with the comments and suggestions that Mal gave you.

Your Second set Displayed, are "Spot On".
It was a shame that it got caught on your Chisel. It happens in the best regulated Families, and goes to demonstrate that you need to know where every cutting edge is, all the time.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom