Acrylic Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzz

Buzz

I've had a couple of acrylic blanks sitting on the shelf now for probably eighteen months, and thought I would try it with a good quality kit.

The blank was bought locally (Pearl Orange) but was only about 17 mm square, obviously being intended for the Slimline market.

Drilling for the cap barrel didn't leave a lot of room for error, but the end result is such that I'll be doing more acrylics from now on.

However, you can bet I'll be ordering the larger size blanks! The kit is platinum.

Comments welcome.

20082136858_PlatFPOrangePearl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Nice Job with the pen. I like the blank! I just made that same blank on a cigar pen for my wife and now my son has me making him a classic twist out of the same stuff. Its nice to see what it looks like on the other kits.

Buzz

Thanks for all the comments.

Steve, First time I've done a Baron with the reduced centreband and I much prefer it. Just one more idea I've picked up from this great site.

Have to check whether it can also be done with the Jr Gent's?

johncrane

Nice one Chris!next time you use 17mm blank and are a bit worried super glue some ice cream sticks too the sides there very cheap at the 2 dollar shops and turn off with ease.;)also c/ring on jr gents can be removed

Top Bottom