An accident that I kind of like!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from philb

philb

Hi,

Dont you love it when an accident turns into an idea!

Was trying out some new Mallee Root Burr that i had just purchased on Jr.gent! I have had some problems with the cap blow out when drilling, so am now on IAP recommendation not drilling all the way through! Its working a charm, until I didnt drill deep enough! I didnt check until I had glued the tube up and popped it in the blank, the only thing I could think of doing was to grab the nearest thing that had a 12.5mm hole in! Just happened to be BOW blank that had previously blown at one end! Of course I had to do a matching lower barrel then!

Didnt turn out too bad in the end? Also, loving the Mallee Root Burr, although its like turning concrete!

What do you think?

PHIL

Attachments

• MalleeBOW FP rh.jpg
    MalleeBOW FP rh.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 450
  • MalleeBOW FP rh2.jpg
    MalleeBOW FP rh2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
You shouldn't have told us Phil:biggrin: The 'oops' bands look so thin and neat that they really look deliberate. Isn't there enough allowance just to have trimmed the brass? But I prefer it like that. Adds a bit of interest:biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
It looks great. If you hadn't told us it was a recovery option, I would have thought it was supposed to be part of the design.

GouletPens

Great job, Phil! It looks like it was planned all along....all of my 'mistakes' usually end up flying not-so-gracefully across my shop:eek:

Top Bottom