Accent-uate the Positive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gtriever

gtriever

This is my first foray into segmented blanks. Not particularly pretty, but an experiment to see if clumsy old me could make semi-decent cuts using a 10" table saw with a 40-tooth combination blade. The blank is Walnut; the accents are Aluminum, Copper, and Brass at varied angles.

I think I see a Micro-Mark or Byrnes in my future... :wink:

Sierra_Walnut-Metals_web.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Burb

very nice. I, too, have thought about the micro mark tools, but I have too many other things on my wish list... :)

greenacres2

Looks great. I've got a 7 1/4" x 60 tooth in my 10" table saw right now--cuts a 1/16" kerf for when I don't want to cut all the way through. Thin as that is, it's still a little wide on an angle when turned--at least for my taste.
earl

I like that idea of cutting it at different angles. It's enough to make unique without being busy or over the top. I'm a big fan of "simple but elegant", and this fits that perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work, based on this beautiful pen it appears we have the same taste.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice. I also like the simplier, but clean appearance. The rings are well placed.

Thank you for sharing.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Micro Mark - go for it. For those who have invested in pen size quality machining, it shows.

I probably will never get a M.M., but I made my own saw with sliding table from a 7 1/4 Japan made saw and I purchased several 1mm thick/kerf carbide blades when I lived there. I found those blades last week and know where they are. It sure is nice to have something to make precise cuts.

I have thought of making silver/brass/copper segments like that and have many sheets of those just waiting on me to "make something". Looks great on walnut!

Top Bottom