Abalone on Spring Blossom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigShed

BigShed

In the recent Pen Swap I received a very nice pen from qballizhere as well as some nice blanks.

Show Us Yer Pens! 2013 Australia Day Pen Swap

One of those blanks was made by Roger himself, Abalone cast on a set of Empress/Spring Blossom tubes.

As I don't normally use this kit I included one in my last order from Timberbits and turned it up today after first turning up a set of No Mandrel Bushes for it.

IMG_5800.JPG

Roger did and excellent job of the blanks and they were very easy to turn, not at all brittle.
2thumbsup.gif

IMG_5799.JPG

This kit is BIG and HEAVY
shock.gif
Total weight is 74.5gr and overall length is 142.5mm, cap diam is 16.6mm. I don't think I would want that in my shirt pocker for any length of time.

IMG_5805.JPG

IMG_5806.JPG

One of the unusual features of this pen kit is the size of the lower tube vs the outside diameter, about 8.5mm vs 15.3mm so there is a lot of resin there.

I had to glue the bling bit back on the clip as it came off as I took it out of the plastic bag. Have had that problem with a Roman Harvest as well.

I believe this kit is almost the same as the Empress, but that kit has even more bling as it has a crystal on the clip as well.

I believe the Empress is also available in a fountain pen, but Timberbits only lists a roller ball.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom