Abalone, Herringbone and Trustone... Oh My!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

First up is an Abalone Majestic. I am finding that I absolutely must keep Abalone pens in stock. They sell fast and sell high! Another gorgeous blank from Ken.

The three sketch pencils are from left to right. 360 Herringbone created by the master segmenter, Steve Schweitzer. He blessed me with a 180 Herringbone when I first started turning, and now this one came to me from him as another gift which will help in our adoption. Turning it was of course nerve wrecking, but his segments are so tight, I'm not sure what I was worried about. The second two are Blue Lapis and Mexican Agate reverse painted black.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• P8020303.jpg
    P8020303.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 467
  • P8020305.jpg
    P8020305.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 400
  • P8020301.jpg
    P8020301.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 467
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I like the sketch pens but never stop to amaze me how good looking those abalone blanks make a pen look, particularly a high end kit such as yours.

In my view, those blanks are some of the best I've seen, to give an "exceptional" monetary return to a pen turner.

Well executed work such as yours, will impress anyone, particularly those with an extra wallet thickness, considering that will not all be useless papers...!:wink::biggrin:

Well done...!

Cheers
George

qballizhere

Great job on the pens they look great but Ken didnt make the abalone I did. There are slight differences between the way we make them. His are wrapped around the tube and my are faceted. Also I have not seen abalone at the golden nib I have seen it at the classic nib.

First up is an Abalone Majestic. I am finding that I absolutely must keep Abalone pens in stock. They sell fast and sell high! Another gorgeous blank from Ken.

The three sketch pencils are from left to right. 360 Herringbone created by the master segmenter, Steve Schweitzer. He blessed me with a 180 Herringbone when I first started turning, and now this one came to me from him as another gift which will help in our adoption. Turning it was of course nerve wrecking, but his segments are so tight, I'm not sure what I was worried about. The second two are Blue Lapis and Mexican Agate reverse painted black.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

BSea

What, no abalone pimp stone?:confused: . . . . . JK :biggrin:

And I really like sketch pencils in general. I've never used tru-stone on one though. How heavy is one made of tru-stone. And I'm guessing the Mexican Agate was too thick on that kit for the black to show through much. But it's till one of my favorite Tru-stone blanks.

jasontg99

Thanks for looking!

Eric,

Same as last time, that is not one of Ken's. :wink: There is a big difference between Ken's abalone and Roger Malin's. I can take some pics of the two and PM them to you. BTW, the pens look amazing.

Jason

Buzzzz4

Sorry all. in a big hurry and spreading falsehoods. Yes, Classic Nib! And I will have to be educated on the differences. Sorry all! What I do know is how to turn a pen and sell it! Great day today in Grand Haven, Mi

OKLAHOMAN

Congrats on the great day and on all of the pens shown. No matter where you got the Abalone you turned it perfect and matched it to the right components.

Top Bottom