95 pens, ready to go!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GDGeorge

GDGeorge

Not the best picture, but Wednesday we'll hold the last of our Marine Corps League Marines Helping Marines picnics at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda. A couple of months ago, I was asked to "bring some pens" and so I did. I usually wind up cooking so there's not a lot of time to get the pens out, but I've managed to sell or trade a couple every month. I've also given one away that looks like it's going to lead to a couple of sales.

They say that if you want to sell it to a Marine, hang an EGA on. There's some truth to that. (See the case with the Scarlet and Gold / EGA pens. It's the same one where I keep my .50 Cal pens. I mean, why waltz when you can rock and roll, right?)

Cheers,
Jerry

Attachments

• DSC01340sm.JPG
    DSC01340sm.JPG
    401.7 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GDGeorge

Hmmm. Spidey sense wasn't tingling when I made them... Actually, they reminded me of USMC Dress Blues. They also bring to mind the Recruiting ribbon and, if I were to add a red band, the Marine Security Guard ribbon. One of these days. I've been thinking about making some service ribbon pens (Viet Nam Service, OIF, OEF and the like). Someone pointed out the ones that Rockler(?) sells, but they're pricier than I'd like.

Top Bottom