And #9 for good measure.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tt1106

tt1106

I turned my 9th pen today. Used a cross clip, I got on clearance from PSI. Forgive the spots. My camera needs a cleaning badly. I have some trouble with CA finish. trying hard to get that glass like finish, but so far it's a little rough. I turned a perfect barrel, but screwed up the upper barrel, and I can't seem to consistently replicate it. Switching to scott, blue towels helped quite a bit today(the others I was using, would practically burst into flame from a drop and a half of superglue). We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm active in prison ministry, so I'm hoping ot give this pen to the Chaplain in one of the prisons.

Attachments

• cross slimline.JPG
    cross slimline.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 185
  • cross pen 2.jpg
    cross pen 2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tt1106

Yes. I have MM and used it. :) Maybe not enough, eh.
I think my problem is the feel......As in, it feels smooth but when you get close enough it isn't.
I have had problems with the CA fogging and one pen, I sanded off the CA 4 times down to bare wood. I'm a little hyper-sensitive about sanding, so I might be giving up too early.
Or am I over explaining? LOL.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
good work, need to remember that oily wood is hard to finish, this one looks like cocobolo and it is hard to do a ca finish unless the blank is cleaned real well with acetone.......

tt1106

good work, need to remember that oily wood is hard to finish, this one looks like cocobolo and it is hard to do a ca finish unless the blank is cleaned real well with acetone.......

Thanks, that is very helpful....it is cocobolo.

Drstrangefart

I gotta say, that's been one of the few pens I've seen that can get away with a novelty clip like that. Looks like the clip was manufactured for exactly that pen. Way to achieve!

bensoelberg

Yes. I have MM and used it. :) Maybe not enough, eh.
I think my problem is the feel......As in, it feels smooth but when you get close enough it isn't.
I have had problems with the CA fogging and one pen, I sanded off the CA 4 times down to bare wood. I'm a little hyper-sensitive about sanding, so I might be giving up too early.
Or am I over explaining? LOL.

Micromesh helped my finishes a ton. Then I got a bright light and realized that they weren't as good as I thought they were. Now they are better, but still not incredible. I think magnification is next on my list. In order to see the problem, you've got to be able to SEE the problem. Hope that's helpful.

Top Bottom