8mm Euro Pen & Pencil set in snattlerake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

I was commissioned to do this set for an Air Force Colonel as a going away gift. David at Wind River Pens. This is great stuff to turn (as shown in the short video clip I posted a week or so ago. The turning part came back to me almost right away (remember, it's been right at 4 yrs since I've held a tool), but the assembly and photography were more of a challenge. As always, thanks for looking and C&C welcome.

Oh, I'll be putting them in the mail for engraving tomorrow (don't want them walking off the ol' boy's desk).

Attachments

• 640TGEuroPnPset.jpg
    640TGEuroPnPset.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 312
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Thanks, Lamar! I like the pencil better than I thought I would, and I've made a few of this type of pen. It is my favorite round top. One of the things I remembered about this kit is that the twist holder's threads are delicate so you can't just press it in. I use one of the bushings for the pen to protect them while pressing this piece in. But that doesn't help you if you drop the barrel!!! DAMHIKT!

Apparently I can't maintain a thought! Must be the West Nile Fever! What I was trying to say above is that David at Wind River Pens is the supplier of the blanks. And he does a GREAT job! For resin, these things turn like butter.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Simply Sssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuper:biggrin::rolleyes:

But what is a Snattlerake:eek::biggrin: Could it be Rattler that was clubbed to death with a garden rake??:tongue:

alamocdc

First, thanks for all the kind words, folks!

(remember, it's been right at 4 yrs since I've held a tool),

Insert juvenile joke here.:redface:

On a serious note, Billy that is a nice looking pen that you have there.:)

Secondly, oh moderator, can you edit my post to add "turning" in front of the word "tool"? Oh, never mind! Someone would probably make something of that too! :rotfl:

ghostrider

Nice. I think that may be one of the nicer rattle snake pens I've seen in some time. While I'm not the biggest fan of gold, it does have it's place, and that certainly fits that blank very well.

I'm also surprised we don't see more of the 8mm Euro style pens made (still haven't made the ones I've had for a while now), as I see it as a nice alternative to the Cigar.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Very nice Billy. Great skin placement. I have a diamondback skin hanging here in the office, but I'm kinda reluctant to try to do anything with it right now. I've never cast one. It looks to me like it may be too wide a skin to look right on anything as small as a sierra and definitely a Euro or any other 7mm

Top Bottom