85 Pen Order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rolandranch

Rolandranch

Whew, that was a bit of work. This is a corporate order of 85 pens all finished and ready to ship out. Thanks to my dad and a couple brothers who helped me out, we got this order ready in good time.

As always, C&C welcome!

[URL='https://www.penturners.org/media/32705']
Segmented ironwood and turquoise TruStone Southwest Mesa

Jacaranda Spectraply Designers

Buckeye burl Designers

White Marble TruStone Slimlines

Cocobolo and Spalted maple Slimlines

Thuya burl Designers

Random segmented wood Designers

Azurite Malachite TruStone Designers

Black and Gold Matrix TruStone Sierras

Bethlehem Olivewood Vertex

Curly Koa Art Deco

Segmented TruStone Vertex

1_KK2X5947.JPG
[/url]
Diamondback Rattlesnake Southwest Mesa

View in Gallery
Group shot

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Mousecreek

Pretty impressive! Great looking group but the Black and Gold Matrix TruStone Sierras and Buck Eye burl are the ones that really stand out to me. That's a lot of work.

Ken

magpens

Congratulations, Seth !!!! . Well deserved comments above to which I will add my own. . Outstanding quality is obvious !! . You are in the Big League now !!! . So be sure to modify your signature !! :biggrin:

PenPal

Seth, apart from a real education for us in presentation,photography ,unique blanks,exciting pen kits, the use of solid and timbers all of these pens demonstrate the value of fit, finish second to no one.

Wondering how long you will be 17 yrs old. At this age I had been working for two years but I understand you are saving and using your skills to promote family and education.

Great work,may you prosper.

Kind regards Peter.

Rolandranch

Seth, apart from a real education for us in presentation,photography ,unique blanks,exciting pen kits, the use of solid and timbers all of these pens demonstrate the value of fit, finish second to no one.

Wondering how long you will be 17 yrs old. At this age I had been working for two years but I understand you are saving and using your skills to promote family and education.

Great work,may you prosper.

Kind regards Peter.
Thank you much sir for the kind words. I will turn 18 next June.

Rolandranch

They all look really nice Seth. Can you guess my favorite?:biggrin: You are going strong. Keep up the good work.
Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2018.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Thank you sir! I think I know which one. :wink: I was very pleased with how well that one turned out thanks to you.

Very NICE!

Did you get a little tired of making pens along the way? Big orders can have that effect.
Great work.

Thank you! Actually, I'm ready to make a couple hundred more for my next show. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Talltim

Seth

I note that about half of this pen order is the Designer Kit. Is that because they requested that style or is because you like it and have good success with it?

keithncsu

I can't add anything extra to the comments and congratulations! Some of them don't fit my personal taste but you can't argue the fit/finish and execution. At all!

You mentioned above that they ordered the designer kits. I'm interested in how the order came up with such random yet specific blanks/kits/designs. Were you given a box and then told to play in it? Or was all this specific to the order?

I ask only because, as I'm sure we all here know, people ask all the time if I can make them a pen. Of course I say yes but that is like telling a car salesman to sell you a car. What type, what color, what style, etc.

Also, that Jacaranda spectraply is awesome! I had always wondered what it looked like. May have to get some the next time I make an order from them!

Rolandranch

I can't add anything extra to the comments and congratulations! Some of them don't fit my personal taste but you can't argue the fit/finish and execution. At all!

You mentioned above that they ordered the designer kits. I'm interested in how the order came up with such random yet specific blanks/kits/designs. Were you given a box and then told to play in it? Or was all this specific to the order?

I ask only because, as I'm sure we all here know, people ask all the time if I can make them a pen. Of course I say yes but that is like telling a car salesman to sell you a car. What type, what color, what style, etc.

Also, that Jacaranda spectraply is awesome! I had always wondered what it looked like. May have to get some the next time I make an order from them!
Thank you sir! I have a website with a large variety of pens for sale. They just went through and picked out the styles/materials that they liked. Hope this answers your question.

The Royal Jacaranda is definitely my favorite spectraply. I will be offering it for sale here soon in pen blank size so people don't have to order a huge board of it.

keithncsu

Thank you sir! I have a website with a large variety of pens for sale. They just went through and picked out the styles/materials that they liked. Hope this answers your question.

The Royal Jacaranda is definitely my favorite spectraply. I will be offering it for sale here soon in pen blank size so people don't have to order a huge board of it.

Certainly! Website definitely makes that process easier. I was thinking in terms of how my process is without a website haha!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolandranch

Certainly! Website definitely makes that process easier. I was thinking in terms of how my process is without a website haha!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, I see. Well, I sometimes get large in-person orders at shows too but a website definitely helps.

Top Bottom