82 - Big Black Ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

Made from black ebonite from American Art Plastics.
162mm closed, 138mm open.
16mm thick at barrel to cap threads.

Slideshow.

00342.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Almost needs a gold ring on the other end(or two) to balance the cap to the pen(IMHO, you be the master at kitless).

Like the clean line from using the black blank. Another great pen for ya:biggrin:

Scott (you lost your file) B

watch_art

Thanks!
Gold accent rings would be nice - but I wouldn't know where to look for those type of things. If I had them would I need a metal lathe to turn them right? Or just use my carbide tip penpro?

crabcreekind

Almost needs a gold ring on the other end(or two) to balance the cap to the pen(IMHO, you be the master at kitless).

Like the clean line from using the black blank. Another great pen for ya:biggrin:

Scott (you lost your file) B

you can use brass. and turn it with your pen pro.

InvisibleMan

I really like this one, Shawn. Right up my alley. I actually have one planned like it, but with a polished silver nib and ring. I bought M3 aluminum I'm going to try to make a ring with on the finial end of the barrel. They also make an M3 gold that I also bought. Unfortunately, I bought the smaller 5/8" M3, so may not be big enough. I may make a smaller pen to start with.

I'm not sure what the M3 looks like though, not sure if it would match the clip or not. It's pricey, so I'm a bit hesitant to use it for experimentation:eek:.

What I'm planning to do for the ring is make a small tenon for the ring to slip over, then glue the tenon into the barrel, sandwiching the ring, but not relying on it for stability. Hope that makes sense.

watch_art

Yep! It's going to India after I write a full barrel of ink out of it. He wants me to do a complete writing test with it to make sure it's smooth and doesn't leak or burp. :)

Top Bottom