8 From Brooks 4 from Me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

It's been a while and I needed to get inventory for a show over the Labor day week-end. Brooks sent these to me a while ago and I preped them earlier this week, finally got to turn them today.. The man can cast!~
IMG_2775-1.jpg

IMG_2776-1.jpg

IMG_2777-1.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

and now here are some of the Cactus that I was able to cast in Alumilite, I've always used PR and these Alumilite cactus are my first and not my last. As always all comments welcome, good, bad, or who give a ........

IMG_2779-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ohiococonut

Damn it's hard to pick a favorite, they're ALL beautiful!

OK, I'll go for the orange one first then one of the cactus in gold :biggrin:

Brooks803

:eek: Holy moly those are beautiful Roy! And thanks for the props btw :biggrin:. I wish there was a lil image for drooling all over your keyboard. I LOVE your choice of paint for the butterscotch. It really made it stand out. I can't pick any one over the other. I will say I had NO flippin clue that the Green/Black/Cream would look like that or else I might have held onto it! I'm happy that you were able to yield some cactus blanks with the alumilite, they look amazing as always. Thanks for sharing them Roy. I make a ton of blanks but I only get to see a small % of them.

Last edited:

ctubbs

WOW Roy! You are right, Brooks can cast, but do not cut yourself short, you CAN turn! You apparently can also cast Cactus blanks. Those are awesome. You best stand behind the table when they come out on display or you may be trampled. As beautiful as the Brooks blanks came out, those cactus pens are the cat's meow.
Charles

EarlD

Fabulous work Roy...and Jonathon. I agree with Jonathon, I think the Green/Black/Cream is just outstanding.

EarlD

steeler fan1

Well done Roy. As always Jonathon's blanks are top notch. But, I'm a sucker for Black and Gold, (Jonathon knows I'm a Steeler fan), well I guess from my lid everyone knows:biggrin:. Do you sell the cactus blanks on your site? Got to make one of those:laugh:. Outstanding group of pens.

Carl

Just checked your web site and see you do sell cactus blanks, any plans to make anymore of the black and gold?

Last edited:

bitshird

Sweet bunch of pens Roy, Master Caster's blanks are beautiful, and your Cactus in Alumilite are fine looking Jr. Statesmen. Good luck at the show...

OKLAHOMAN

Thank one and all for your comments, it's easy to make an outstanding pen with the proper blanks and Johnathon's make it that much easier.

Steeler Fan, I made a promise to Curtis Seebeck (Mesquiteman) a number of years ago not to sell prickly pear cactus blanks and I will keep that promise. I do sell Cholla Cactus blanks and will be posting some of them i the next week or so and they are in Black and kinda gold. If you want the prickly pear cactus blanks that I showed in this thread contact Curtis, his web-site is listed in vendor links "Turntexwoods" I think.

Well done Roy. As always Jonathon's blanks are top notch. But, I'm a sucker for Black and Gold, (Jonathon knows I'm a Steeler fan), well I guess from my lid everyone knows:biggrin:. Do you sell the cactus blanks on your site? Got to make one of those:laugh:. Outstanding group of pens.

Carl

Just checked your web site and see you do sell cactus blanks, any plans to make anymore of the black and gold?

wizard

Roy, Those are all great looking blanks that you've turned into some beautiful pens!!!...definitely looks like your building up your inventory!! Are you sure you weren't making these in the A.M.:biggrin:. Doc

Top Bottom