7mm Slimline & European Stars & Stripes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Constant Laubscher

Stars & Stripes inlay kit for the 7mm Slimline, Steamline & European style pens.
I used CA as a finish.

Attachments

• IMG_5704.jpg
    IMG_5704.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_5688.jpg
    IMG_5688.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_5690.jpg
    IMG_5690.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Man, those have to be some tiny stars! Never seen one (don't think there's ever been one) in a 7mm kit, but I really like it!

Thanks, The stars are actually the same as on the Sierra. I had some complaints that the stars fit to tight and crack the barrel. Problem is now solved with smaller star cutouts.( 0.001" smaller)
The fit is great and no more cracks. I have replaced all of the problem kits.

toolcrazy

Constant,

Very nice looking pens. However, I have a question regarding the 7mm slimline. Maybe it's my eyes but I'd swear that looks more like a Chrome Woodcraft Toni Twist Pen kit than a Slimline. The center band appears to be larger than the top cap or nib. Am I losing it? :confused:

The WC Toni pen can be found at the following link:
http://www.woodcraft.com/product.aspx?ProductID=830591&FamilyID=4932

If you got to Bear Tooth woods or Arizona Silhouette, they call them a streamline. And yes, the center band is larger. I prefer these kits to the smaller slim.

Nice blank, Very cool.

I have just added the name Streamline to my 1st post.
It is actually two diff. inlay kits. The streamline and slimline uses the same kit and the Euro style 7mm is by itself. I shall post the pic for the slimline later today.

jimbob91577

Question

Ok, so not trying to pick a fight because I think it is great that there is someone else out there making the puzzle and stars & stripes pen kits - I think competition breeds lower prices and better quality for consumers, but last week we had a pretty heated discussion regarding the computer circut board pen blanks that Berea is putting out and the cartridge pen kits that PSI is making - why were there ruffled feathers regarding the circuit board blanks but not the kits that Constant is making? And if I do recall correctly, the week prior there was discussion regarding the Bottle Stopper Kits that Ruth Niles makes (albeit she has a patent on her design)

Again, I don't want to ruffle any feathers myself, and in terms of full disclosure, Constant's kits look great, seem to be priced better, and there appears to be a wider selection than you can get from Kallenshaan Woods - I personally do not have a problem with there being multiple people manufacturing these kits and reselling them.

I'm just curious to know when others feel that it is okay to copy a general idea and begin reselling.

Top Bottom