7mm mag pen. A first for me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from les-smith

les-smith

Well here is the 7mm mag pen with mule deer antler that my nephew wanted me to make for him for Christmas. I put out a request to see if someone could press and drill the bullet for me, but after talking to Mannie (Monty) & Rick (rherrell) I decided to give it a go. I bought the bullets and started to make the pen. I can't thank Mannie and Rick enough. These little bullets are tricky to drill. I don't have the best equipment, but it turned out great (IMHO) and I really excited to give it to him at Christmas. I think the finial would be better suited with the euro style top it seems a little to skinny for me with the slimline finial. This was a first for me making a bullet casing pen from start to finish. I learned a lot and I know what I need to get and do for any future pens. If anyone is waiting to do one of these because they think they don't have the right equipment, don't wait. I did it, you can too. Rick has a great tutorial in the 2008 library article page. It helped me immensely. Thanks a lot to everyone that helped and offered to press the bullet for me.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• 7mm Mag Rifle Casing 2.jpg
    7mm Mag Rifle Casing 2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 245
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Great job and I am sure your Nephew will love it, I think it looks great, I do agree about the finial though, Woodnwhimsies is now selling lots of spare parts, I think they had extra euro finials.

Top Bottom