7500 y old bog oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from websterko

websterko

hey guys one piece pf bog oak wood 7500y old :)
47650e5365bd00d7642aa71c1a979959.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

How do you know it's 7500 years old?

Rocky, have you ever heard of these trees, there's a fair amount of them and they are all buried. They have to dug out of the ground, and they are extremely large trees. One tree could be enough to be a load for four tractor trailers. If you've never heard about them, you should do a google search about them.
Len

robutacion

How do you know it's 7500 years old?

Rocky, have you ever heard of these trees, there's a fair amount of them and they are all buried. They have to dug out of the ground, and they are extremely large trees. One tree could be enough to be a load for four tractor trailers. If you've never heard about them, you should do a google search about them.
Len

Oh yeah, I only wish I could find one of those, I would have the best retirement life one could imagine...!:)

Cheers
George

ajollydds

Interesting. Any idea what the bog wood is primarily used for? Seems like a lot of work and expense to harvest it.

robutacion

Interesting. Any idea what the bog wood is primarily used for? Seems like a lot of work and expense to harvest it.

Yes, these sort of woods are generally sold for expensive solid tables tops, certain types of furniture, and a large number of art people that create all sorts of sculptures and timber frames of all types, a fair amount is sold to the more money loaded wood turners, a portion is cut and sold as pen blanks, in reality, anything you can imagine where special woods can be displayed as rare specimens to those that can afford to have a "piece" of it.

Cheers
George

websterko

hello guys if you are interested about those blanks size 15x3x3 cm i can look if i have more ( i have aleeadx prepared 10 pcs for some special pens) btw wood is completly dry and ready for turning i also receive today this olive wood from spain
80af3ecee2e7bea94d1da526a13ed423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

OZturner

Dominik, I would love to be able to see the Bog Oak Pen you made and Posted.
But unfortunately the only parts that are in Focus, is the Clip End Finial, and the Fountain Pen Nib,
The rest of the Pen is way out of Focus.
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom