70.00 for a what??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

I found out that you should keep special blanks hidden from customers, I love Cebloplast, in fact I nearly lust for it, I had just got 2 sticks of this from an IAP member and hadn't put it away, (like I ever put any thing away) this fellow saw a couple of our Styli and then saw the Cebloplast laying on the blank rack, and wanted to make a stylus for his I Pad, We tried to convince him that Honduras Rosewood Burl would be prettier ( OK so I lied) but he really liked the crushed Ice, or so it's been called. So I quoted him a price I thought would possibly cause heart palpation's. but he's a better man than I, and also this is the 6th or 7th pen I've made for he and his wife. then he saw a Jr. Retro done in Cebloplast Serpent, so now he want's a Fountain pen to match his Stylus, I don't mind making a nice Fountain Pen out of the old rod, but Jeez it's just one small step above a slim line. Albeit a pretty expensive Slimline.
It's really nice to have a customer that will pay a good price for something they want, and not want to haggle about it.

Ceblo-Stylus.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

whats that pen kit?

The kit is parts, the Nib is from a 7mm Euro designer, the clip is from a streamline and the centerband is from one of Smittys Creeklines and the Capacitive Silicone is from CSUSA

That cebloplast is pretty stuff. Don't see much of it for sale.
Mark, every once in a while some shows up, but it's never cheap, I thought I got a steal on the 2, 14 inch rods for 19.00 each,

Beautiful Ken, worth every penny! I bought a good supply of that stuff myself. Gotta get my nerve up to turning it now!
Jonathon Drilling is the worst, it reacts very badly to heat, Turning isn't that bad, the material is actually rather soft compared to a lot of PR and Alumalite. I wish they would start making it again, I know they are still in business. and they market to several pen makers in China and Hong Kong. but those tight fisted creeps won't lrt go of any

Very nice pen, I love the blank.
Mazzuchelli 1849 Cebloplast is one of the more beautiful resin type blanks around, I have about 6 different colors and don't plan on turning much unless something real special comes around. like a customer with a 6 figure income <LOL> wait till his matching fountain pen is done.

Last edited:

penmaker56

Yea, Ken I love Ceboplast too, I think I have 5-10 rods of the stuff stashed away somewhere, rainy day stuff. Mazzucchelli, tough people to talk to, tried to get their newer cellulose acetate, but no dice.

Top Bottom