7.62 x 54R Bullet Pen w/Mesquite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sataro

Sataro

Lately all I've been selling are my .308 bullet pens. Had a chance to fill an order for something different today.

I had an order to fill for a customer who wanted the 7.62 x 54R round. So turned it this evening in the shop. Upper barrel is mesquite wood.

Attachments

• 7.62x54R800.jpg
    7.62x54R800.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 410
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
You hit a long one with this one Billy. I like the way you didn't polish that brass before you made the pen. The patina on it really makes it stand out. Nice choice of a light wood to go with it. Very nice indeed.

farisdayoff

I am about to make a few of these too. I believe that shell is old russian stock probably for a WW2 era Mosin-Nagant. At least thats what the casings I am using are from. With all this gun control hubbub those old stock guns and ammo have been flying off of the shelves. I believe in the last month and a half My step dad has bought just under 50 of them to re-sell and almost a pallet of the ammo.

I Don't think these casings will polish up like the new ones. I think they are steel casings with some sort of finish on them.

Great looking pen! I'm glad to see someone else has done one. Kind of a proof of concept for me.

Sataro

You hit a long one with this one Billy. I like the way you didn't polish that brass before you made the pen. The patina on it really makes it stand out. Nice choice of a light wood to go with it. Very nice indeed.

Thanks for the comments Mike! I like the military look of the patina.

great looking pen, i like you stand, adds to photo with out walking ove pen.

Thanks for the comments!

I am about to make a few of these too. I believe that shell is old russian stock probably for a WW2 era Mosin-Nagant. At least thats what the casings I am using are from. With all this gun control hubbub those old stock guns and ammo have been flying off of the shelves. I believe in the last month and a half My step dad has bought just under 50 of them to re-sell and almost a pallet of the ammo.

I Don't think these casings will polish up like the new ones. I think they are steel casings with some sort of finish on them.

Great looking pen! I'm glad to see someone else has done one. Kind of a proof of concept for me.

Thanks for the comments!

That's great looking pen, pen how did u fit the hardware?

Thanks for the comments. Drilled out the primer. The neck of the casing was a little large, so I cut the neck off of a .270 casing. It was a perfect fit inside the neck of the 7.62 casing. Then glued my brass tube in.

Top Bottom