Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidSpavin

A knot done at 65 degrees instead of the usual 45 degrees

2007101318278_65DegKnot.jpg

20071013182727_65DegKnotCloseUp.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

The angle is great and the kerf thickness is great; but the overall pattern is a little sparse. I think two more rings would be a big help! (Although I do understand it would greatly complicate the production.)

DavidSpavin

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />The angle is great and the kerf thickness is great; but the overall pattern is a little sparse. I think two more rings would be a big help! (Although I do understand it would greatly complicate the production.)
I did spend some time working on the 'more rings' idea with no success, I went down the line of creating a hexagonal or octagonal blank alowing for 6 or 8 rings, but my bandsaw is not up to it. Probably with a better bandsaw, good tablesaw or even a planer/thickneser I may have more luck. I will just have to sell lots of pens to finance more and better tools.[;)]

Pompeyite

[/font=Comic Sans MS][/size=3][/teal]
[/quote]
I did spend some time working on the 'more rings' idea with no success, I went down the line of creating a hexagonal or octagonal blank alowing for 6 or 8 rings, but my bandsaw is not up to it. Probably with a better bandsaw, good tablesaw or even a planer/thickneser I may have more luck. I will just have to sell lots of pens to finance more and better tools.[;)]
[/quote]
Sounds like a good way to go to me David [:)][:D][}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom