60 walnut pens (can you spot the million dollar pen?)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edman2

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Several years ago I was director of a church affiliated youth camp in Siloam Springs, AR. The new director recently completed a successful three million dollar fund raising campaign. He asked if I would make a walnut pen (wood harvested from the camp grounds) to give as an appreciation gift to the donors that gave large gifts. The camp paid for the components and supplies and I donated my labor for the 60 pens. Another IAP turner, Dr. Darlene Byrd, (docbyrd) is doing the last 15 pens. Dr. Byrd was supervisor of the First Aid station and camp nurse during the years I served as director.

Big job (and I am swearing off walnut for awhile) but very rewarding to get to help recognize the donors that made possible the new 30,000 sq. ft. dining hall. And one donor did give in excess of one million dollars just to be sure he got one of my pens (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)! My thanks to Ed and Dawn at Exotic Blanks pointing me toward the SPW Caballeros as the pen of choice. It saved the camp money, helped Exotic blanks inventory, and gave Mrs. Leroy Smith some income. A win -win -win for everyone! Stan Cook did the engraving on the boxes.

Attachments

• Siloam Pens 2018.jpeg
    Siloam Pens 2018.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 453
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

They all look like a million dollar pen to me. Congrats! That's a great thing to be a part of. I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I get any requests for a walnut pen. :) Keep up the great work Freddie!

OZturner

Brilliant Display, and Concept, Freddie.
They are all "Million Dollar Pens".
Superb Selection of Hardware,
I can only imagine the task of 60 Pens.
Congratulations to all involved in the Project,
Brian.

Top Bottom