6 and 8 Segment Knots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ribanett

ribanett

These are two pen I made for a drum player (HEAVY METAL BAND!!!!). The 6 segment pen is the band colors. The 8 segment pen I have no idea what he was talking about. I'll stick with CCR and the Eagles.

As my dad always told me, " He who has a customer, has a boss." Anyway, whatever color he wants, the money is still green. The best part is that the other four members of the band want tri-color pens and another band called about making pens for their band. You never know where a customer will come from!!

Attachments

• Segment 1 004_edited.jpg
    Segment 1 004_edited.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 265
  • Segment 1 007_edited.jpg
    Segment 1 007_edited.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 311
  • Segment 1 010_edited.jpg
    Segment 1 010_edited.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Segment 1 013_edited.jpg
    Segment 1 013_edited.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 271
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ribanett

Very nice work Larry. I prefer the red pen. The angle of the knot is more appealing.

I like the red one also, as I said in my first post, this guy was a real space cadet, I thin he has been banging his drums too much.

Gary,
Both pens are acrylic, about 90% of my work is acrylic

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
They are both look great. I too prefer the red pen. The knots get lost in the swirls of the acrylic.......but to paraphrase your Dad, the Boss gets what he wants.

bitshird

Pretty nice pens, I agree with most everyone else I like the red one, the knot seems to have better angles, But they are both better than any thing I've done.

ribanett

Thanks everybody for the comments. If I was running a poll, I guess the red pen would win.
I'm not happy with the way the rings are centered, but I have a idea for an aligement jig with a indexing ring. If it works out, I'll post it

Thanks again
Later

Top Bottom