50th Birthday Gift = Cherry Burl Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toddlajoie

toddlajoie

My cousin will be turning 50 this coming Christmas, and his wife figured she'd throw him a surprise party 6 months early, 'cause old people need to have their hearts stressed every so often to either keep them healthy or move along their trip down the other side of the hill...

I had a couple of Stabilized Cherry Burl blanks I had bought from one of the catalog vendors a while ago, but was rather disappointed at what looked like rather plain looking burl, but decided to turn it anyway. This is my second Jr. Gent, and this kit is really starting to grow on my. I thought it was too big at first, but I'm starting to see what everyone likes about them... Wet sanded to 1200, a bunch of coats of medium CA, another round of 800 to 1200 wet, then a full course of wet MM, and Hut's Plastic Polish. Had one part near the top of the cap that blew out a bit, but a bunch of shavings and some CA, and it just looks like a small knot...

Cherry%20Burl%20Jr%20Gent%2001w.jpg

Cherry%20Burl%20Jr%20Gent%2002w.jpg

Cherry%20Burl%20Jr%20Gent%2003w.jpg

Cherry%20Burl%20Jr%20Gent%2004w.jpg

Cherry%20Burl%20Jr%20Gent%2005w.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CharlesH

Nice save! Flawless finish and perfect fit!

I really like the Gent Jr kits because they are simple (not too much bling and they show the wood!), they are the perfect size. The black titanium plating being my favorite.

Charles

Top Bottom