500th Post!!! Leave a Comment! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JBCustomPens

JBCustomPens

Hey everyone,

With my 500th post, I figured I'd post something really special.

Here is a Black titanium Jr. Gent fp, made out of marbled green ebonite. I sanded to 12000 then plastic polished, then oiled.

Don't just look, leave a comment or too! Thanks for commenting!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

witz1976;1050888[COLOR=red said:
]...this from the man who posted 3966 times[/COLOR]:biggrin::biggrin:

Very nice looking pen! Can't wait to see post #1000 :biggrin::biggrin:

Everyone needs a hobby , mine is padding my post count :rolleyes::biggrin:

jttheclockman

Nice blank but underturned. At least that is the way I see it. Maybe just the photo or that is the ay that kit looks. Thanks for showing.

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

Agree the photos look like it's overturned at both ends. Love ebonite and your finissh looks great.You say you oiled on the last step, what oil did you use?

JBCustomPens

Nice blank but underturned. At least that is the way I see it. Maybe just the photo or that is the ay that kit looks. Thanks for showing.

Agree the photos look like it's overturned at both ends. Love ebonite and your finissh looks great.You say you oiled on the last step, what oil did you use?

Its weird. I will be honest, and say it is very slightly overturned at one end, but the other is not at all.
It is barely noticeable in person, but in the photo, it looks like a lot.

Roy, I just used mineral oil on it. After sanding it looks good, but the texture felt weird. I put oil on it and it softened up nicely.

That ink won't stay too wet with no cap!!!

I forgot to mention, its not done yet. I'm going to finish later tonight and post pics of it completed.

The ink stayed plenty wet, that is why the third pic is darker.

bbuis

The pen does look slightly overturned but beautiful none the less. I can't wait to get good enough to start on ebonites

jttheclockman

Overturned:wink:

Yes Skip, I meant to say overturned. It looks overturned on both ends to me. Have been working so much lately my mind is abit confused. I spend just a few minutes on each forum to get a quick look. Just needs to be abit more careful otherwise a nice blank. :)

lwalden

Nice work, and gorgeous blank- I would have pictured it paired up with a rhodium and 22K kit, though, instead of the black titanium it looks like you used.... was the shade of green off enough that it would have clashed with, instead of being complemented by, the gold?

JBCustomPens

I like the pen also. Send it to me and I will put my finger on it.

That's funny right there!:biggrin:

Nice work, and gorgeous blank- I would have pictured it paired up with a rhodium and 22K kit, though, instead of the black titanium it looks like you used.... was the shade of green off enough that it would have clashed with, instead of being complemented by, the gold?

Ya, it didn't look that good with gold. I compared the too, it just looked to blingy.

Yes Skip, I meant to say overturned. It looks overturned on both ends to me. Have been working so much lately my mind is abit confused. I spend just a few minutes on each forum to get a quick look. Just needs to be abit more careful otherwise a nice blank. :)

Yeah, believe it or not though, it is hardly overturned at all. Mostly an illusion. Trust me.

Top Bottom