50 Caliber Parker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Double Twist Brass and Copper Ballpoint.
Used a once fired Military Casing with a New Commercial Hornady
.510 50 CAL 750 GR A-MAX. Copper Bullet with Aluminum Tip.

First photo shows the completed pen

Second photo shows the Parker Refill Bullet Tip Assembly.

As always comments and or suggestion appreciated.
Thanks for looking.

Les

50calparker.jpg

completedparkerrefillbu.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Les, thats a really nice piece of work! Its probably the first "shell/bullet" pen I've really liked.

bruce119

Hmmm I like it. I do a lot of 50 cals myself. But I do the cross refill I like keeping the bullet intact. I wounder shouldn't be too difficult to get the drilling rite to have the parker refill set in the bullet without the nib.

Still very nice and writes a lot better then a cross.

Do you coat with anything I don't I like letting the customer have the choice of letting it pantine or get out the Brasso.

Very Nice
Bruce

sbell111

Hmmm I like it. I do a lot of 50 cals myself. But I do the cross refill I like keeping the bullet intact. I wounder shouldn't be too difficult to get the drilling rite to have the parker refill set in the bullet without the nib.

Still very nice and writes a lot better then a cross.

Do you coat with anything I don't I like letting the customer have the choice of letting it pantine or get out the Brasso.

Very Nice
Bruce
Les' pen does use the entire bullet without an added nib. Like him, I make all of my .50 pens with the Hornady A-Max bullet because I prefer the look of the bullet's aluminum tip.
109635.jpg

Last edited:

bruce119

Les' pen does use the entire bullet without an added nib. Like him, I make all of my .50 pens with the Hornady A-Max bullet because I prefer the look of the bullet's aluminum tip.

Boy how about that I didn't know kind of looks like at a glance that it mite have an added stock NIB. I guess if it is an aluminum tip it will drill just fine. I was using the tracers. But I do like the look of the Aluminum tip bullet.

Thanks for the info

sbell111

Boy how about that I didn't know kind of looks like at a glance that it mite have an added stock NIB. I guess if it is an aluminum tip it will drill just fine. I was using the tracers. But I do like the look of the Aluminum tip bullet.

Thanks for the info
From my experience, it's actually more difficult to drill these bullets. The aluminum tends to foul the drill bit very easily.

bruce119

From my experience, it's actually more difficult to drill these bullets. The aluminum tends to foul the drill bit very easily.

Is the aluminum solid or is it hollowed out into the tip.

If it fowls the drill bit it must be fairly solid making for a lot of aluminum to drill through.

Top Bottom