50 caliber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papaturner

papaturner

Thanks to Rojo22 for the brass and bullet and Paul Sherman for the tutorial I completed the task:biggrin:.........Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

Thanks cav......I agree with you on the real thing......My problem is that the ones I can get are still live......I can`t find the brass and the bullet unarmed.

They are one of my best sellers just polished all you need is the brasso to shine it up.

Boy a scary thought handling one of those things LIVE :eek: Boy that would scare the begesise out of me. I wounder what kind of bang the primer would make after pulling the bullet. BTW what do you do about the primer if you work with a live round. Pop it out and put in an imitation :confused:

Jgrden

Thanks cav......I agree with you on the real thing......My problem is that the ones I can get are still live......I can`t find the brass and the bullet unarmed.
I met a guy who says he has the spent casings. Should I follow up with him to see what he is charging for them?

Sylvanite

They are one of my best sellers just polished all you need is the brasso to shine it up.
I prefer to powdercoat the parts, so polishing isn't necessary, but there's nothing wrong with bare brass.

Boy a scary thought handling one of those things LIVE :eek: Boy that would scare the begesise out of me. I wounder what kind of bang the primer would make after pulling the bullet. BTW what do you do about the primer if you work with a live round. Pop it out and put in an imitation...
Actually, handling modern ammunition is a lot safer than operating a gasoline pump (or a grill, or a lawn mower, or just about any power tool - or even using a hammer). Assembled rounds are very stable. If you have the proper tools, pulling a bullet and disposing of powder is simple too. Primers have the potential to be dangerous and need to handled with corresponding respect. I've disassembled live ammunition to make pens from the components - including the primers, and discussed the process previously. It is possible to fire a primer safely - but you need to know what you're doing and take appropriate safety precautions. A primer packs a good punch and will shoot flame out the end of a shellcase.

Regards,
Eric

Daniel

and they are getting harder to find. 4 years ago I knew of about 4 places I could find them. now it is only one two if I can get a hold of the other supplier but it is not easy.
The source for the best bullets is polygunbag.com but it is hard to get an order through to them. can't remember the name of the other supplier but the casings are a bit more expensive since they are pre polished. not as polished as we want them though. I have not found bullets that work real well except the ones I get from poly gun bag.

Top Bottom