50 CAL for Christmas (now shortened)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This 50 Cal Pen is for my little brother for Christmas, He loves Guns and shooting. The kit is from PSI, The Bullet part was a freebie from Dawn and Ed and is unknown, (maybe Dawn will tell us) it came with "freebie" written on the side. It looks just like metal after polishing, I added some pick-guard and red Alumilite that I had poured a while back . The tip is under 2" which is the max for the kit but I think it is still to long, I will let him decide and adjust if need be. I like this kit, but I don't like the cross refill.
Let me know what you think, Thanks for looking.:biggrin:
Shortened by 1/2".:rolleyes:
Happy Holidays.

Attachments

• 50 shell 035_edited-1.jpg
    50 shell 035_edited-1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 50 shell 036.jpg
    50 shell 036.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

I can appreciate all the work that went into making that pen Max but I don`t like the shape, just a personal taste issue and no offence intended!

maxman400

I can appreciate all the work that went into making that pen Max but I don`t like the shape, just a personal taste issue and no offence intended!
None Taken, This is my first one and had it not been for the fact that I ran out time I would have turned it down some more. The good thing is that it's for my brother and is only 5 minutes away. I plan on taking at least a 1/2" off the next one. :)

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
That is some very nice work, Max. I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Since you mentioned that you weren't sure about the Cross refill, you might want to take a look here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53990

This pen used the casing from Gary Max, the slug from Paul, and most of all, the tutorial from Paul. (I hope this is not considered a hijack; I would not have mentioned it if Max hadn't mentioned that he didn't care for the Cross.)

Attachments

• 50 cal pen.jpg
    50 cal pen.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 131

pensmyth

Here's two that I have turned so far. The one on the right is made from Padauk. The one on the left is an acrylic blank that was a freebie from Exotic Blanks.

Attachments

• DSCN0460.jpg
    DSCN0460.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 129

maxman400

Shortened

It has bugged me all day about the length so here it is shortened by 1/2", I like it much better! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• 50 shell 036.jpg
    50 shell 036.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 100
Top Bottom