50/50 amboyna burl hybrid cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GouletPens

GouletPens

I was intrigued with the new hybrid cigars, so I made one out of a particularly interesting piece of 50/50 amboyna burl. It was one of those pens that worked great until the final finish, which gave me trouble time and time again. I almost never have trouble with CA, but it kept peeling up at the ends and I had to touch it up 4 times before it held!! A freak occurance and a real pain, but well worth it as you can see! Forgive the dust in the pictures, I haven't touched them up yet!:tongue:

Attachments

• PICT0016.jpg
    PICT0016.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 330
  • PICT0024.jpg
    PICT0024.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 286
  • PICT0043.jpg
    PICT0043.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 333
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

warreng8170

That is one gorgeous piece of Amboyna. I love the contrast in the 50/50. The finished pen as a whole is also very, very nice.

GouletPens

Beautiful pen.

This is the first I've seen of this kit. I really like it. Adding it to my need to get list.
The picture doesn't even do the hardware justice too...like everything we make, it's always more impressive in person. I bought just a couple of them to see if I liked them, and I really, really do. I'll be ordering more for sure.

keithkarl2007

i just got 3 of those kits, haven't turned one yet but did notice that its a single twist transmission unlike the other cigars, i tried the old transmission in it and it works, so you could call it a slightly modified cigar :biggrin: nobody would know how

GouletPens

i just got 3 of those kits, haven't turned one yet but did notice that its a single twist transmission unlike the other cigars, i tried the old transmission in it and it works, so you could call it a slightly modified cigar :biggrin: nobody would know how
you might wanna double check that. Mine was a double twist just like all the other cigars I've made. I bought two of these kits, and just checked the other one, it's a double twist as well.

jttheclockman

The picture doesn't even do the hardware justice too...like everything we make, it's always more impressive in person. I bought just a couple of them to see if I liked them, and I really, really do. I'll be ordering more for sure.

Where did you get the kit and what is it called??? Thanks.

Top Bottom