The 5 Amigos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rapost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapost

The majority of my weekend's work (along with the Christmas decorations!)

Left to Right: Big Rob's "Not very Curly" Koa, Honey Locust, Honey Locust, Goncalo Alves, Cocobolo...sorry for the bad picture. They all look a lot better in person......

I hope the family enjoys getting these for Christmas!

200612515417_Five-amigos.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Rick,
Well, if you had seen the exhibition grade curly koa I had, you'd understand why I said that one wasn't very curly. Nice work on those. What kit is that? I don't recognize it (though I don't know my kits very well).
Rob

rapost

Thanks for the kind comments everybody!!!

Rob,

It's Berea's Streamline American Rollerball. It's a Parker or "Classic" style rollerball/FP that's usually turned B2B in the catalogs - I just added a few curves to make it more interesting. With the curves, it ends up looking like a smaller version of the larger capped pens people are turning. It's very comfortable and fits the hand and pocket well.

My group picture doesn't do any of them justice. Your Koa really looks nice in person.

carverken

The disapointment of your family might be too much to bare. I will gladly save you from this crushing weight. There is a home in Virginia for disapointing pens such as these.[:D]

rapost

Thanks Rob!

I was going for "sexy curves" [:I] but I guess "bellies" will work. [:p] Since I'm the proud owner of a belly, I guess it just proves you work best with what you know! [:p]

BigRob777

Yeah, but you wouldn't want my profile on a pen. You wouldn't be able to write with it. You could call it a pumpkin pen though.[:D] I've heard them called bellies before, but that may be for the fatter ones. Curves sounds more appropriate for your pens. Anyway, I'm glad you found a good use for the koa. I have so much of the uncurly stuff. I mean, no curl at all too. Most of it has awesome graining though. I'm hoping to make a tray for my wife with some of it.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom